We've loved Fig. 2 Design since we opened our doors in Ann Arbor! From the cards to the gift wrap, we routinely swoon over Fig. 2's clean design paired with fun colors (hello neon!). This summer, we took our love of Fig. 2 Design to the next level and jumped feet first into their full wedding collection. Both albums, Felicity and Fresh, contain 16 suites each, with printing options including offset, flat, and letterpress, to fit any aesthetic or budget.
Their most recent collaboration with Lindsay Letters
has us over the moon for Fig. 2 Design. The collection, part of a challenge from Brides Magazine
, features gorgeous lettering and themes including rustic garden, spring fling and nautical knots, each able to be customized by color. The suites include Lindsay Letters' unique calligraphy offered by the line, which means that you're able to have just your names in the signature calligraphy, or the whole suite, part of a suite, really whatever you wish!
The possibilities are endless, and so are the amazing designs coming from Fig. 2 Design, and lead lady in charge Claudia. Take a second and check out how this amazing stationery studio got its name, and how Claudia thinks she'd beat us in a game of rock, paper, scissors!
1. How’d you name your brand/company?
Fig. 2 is named after the way pictures are captioned in books and catalogs, something I used to design a lot of.
2. What has been your favorite project you’ve worked on?
That's a tough one! I really do love everything I do but lately I've loved our Letters For Love line where we collaborate with calligraphers who generously donate the word "love" or something love related and I take care of the design, production and marketing. In turn we donate a portion of the proceeds to charity. I've always had a passion for calligraphy so to be working with such talented people is very rewarding.
3. If you had to tattoo one word on your body, what word would you choose?
I'm way too scared of that type of pain but if I weren't I think I might pick supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. How can you not smile when you see and hear that word?
4. What’s your signature cocktail?
Bellinis because I LOVE peaches and a little bubbly never hurt.
5. Stripes or polka dots?
That's like asking a mother who her favorite child is! I probably have more polka dot items than stripe.
6. What song is on repeat on your iTunes right now?
Holy Grail (Jay Z and Justin Timberlake).
7. If you had to describe your work/style in three words, what would those words be?
Clean, crisp, and colorful.
8. If you could have a weird Freaky Friday experience for a day, which designer would you want to switch bodies with and why?
Probably someone who has taken their business to the next level so I can understand how they do it all!
9. What advice would you give to 20 year old you?
Listen to your dad... take some business classes.
10. If we challenged you to a game of rock, paper, scissors, which would you choose? Why?
Paper of course! But to be specific, double thick, bright white, letterpressed type and gold foil.
From Claudia's choice in tattoos (does it get any better than a Mary Poppins reference?!) to her amazing designs, to how her paper would clearly reign supreme in a game of rock, paper, scissors, we're head over heels for Fig. 2 Design!
Do you LOVE the look of Fig. 2? Is the Lindsay Letters calligraphy look screaming your name for your perfectly unique wedding suite? Visit us at www.rockpaperscissorsshop.com/weddings
and make an appointment today! We'd love to show you all of the amazing options RPS has for your wedding stationery!
1. "Just Me & You" wedding invitation suite from Fig 2. Design, available at Rock Paper Scissors Ann Arbor & Tecumseh. 2. Claudia, Designer and Proprietress of Fig. 2 Design, in her studio. 3. "Spring Fling" wedding invitation suite, part of the Fig 2. Design and Lindsay Letters collaboration, available at Rock Paper Scissors Ann Arbor & Tecumseh. 4. Hilarious (and oh so accurate) bridesmaid card from Fig 2. (With neon and letterpress, no less). Available at Rock Paper Scissors' Ann Arbor location.5. "Over the Moon" wedding invitation suite, part of the Fig 2. Design and Lindsay Letters collaboration, available at Rock Paper Scissors Ann Arbor & Tecumseh. 6. Adorable "Thank You Bunches" card from Fig. 2 Design.