We LOVE Moglea! Adorable goods from the Iowa based studio have been a staple of the RPS card wall for years, and we are LOVING the latest releases from designer Meg Gleason. With lovely lettering, sweet sentiments, bright colors, and some lovely patterns, what’s not to love?
I must admit, it’s taken me a WHILE to learn how to pronounce the name. But according to Gleason’s site, Moglea is “pronounced MOH-GLEE” and “is just another word for joy-inducing illustration, lovely looped lettering and delightfully decorative paper goods.” Well said Meg!
Check out some of our favorites below, available at Rock Paper Scissors in Ann Arbor.
1. Just in time for Mother’s Day, the “Mother I Love You” card features a printed watercolor and crayon pattern background. Hand lettered message is letterpress printed in gold foil, and inside is blank to leave room for your own personal message to mom. Also great as a birthday or thinking of you card!
2. The “Grandma I Love You” card is another timely release! Featuring a similar background, but with more warm pink and yellow hues. Lettering is printed in foil by letterpress. Great for mother’s day, grandma’s birthday, or any ol’ time you want to express your love!
3. Tell it like it is with this navy card, featuring a hand-lettered message, letterpress printed in silver ink. “You’re cray cray but I still love you” – if that’s not love, I dunno what is.
4. I’m a sucker for a great notepad or jotter. But a hand-lettered, letterpress printed, edge painted notepad?!?! That’s pretty much impossible to resist. “Do something awesome” is printed in bright pink ink, with vivid orange painted edges. 50 sheets per pad. What can I say? Listmakers gonna list.
5. What’s mini letterquette, you ask? It’s a perfectly packaged, creative stationery kit, with 12 cards and envelopes. Cards have hand-lettered sentiments and designs, and the kit is letterpress printed and bound by hand. SWOON.
6. Seriously, Moglea notes are SO freaking awesome. Printed on four-ply (read: super thick) museum board, these notes are letterpress printed on front and back – front has a sweet lettered message, and the back has “Dear” and space for your message. With rounded, painted edges, it’s really hard for me to choose just one – but this is definitely a favorite. The perfect correspondence to make someone’s day.
7. & 8. Also printed on four-ply, super thick stock, the “I want to hug you” and “you are my home” cards feature sweet hand lettering, letterpress printing, and are made on die cut shapes. Lovely messages for the one you love.
We can't wait to see the new items Moglea will be displaying at the National Stationery Show, taking place later this month in New York! Be sure to follow Rock Paper Scissors via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and right here on the blog, for updates on our experience at NSS 2014!