We're kicking this week off with one of our favorite designer duos-- Ink Meets Paper out of Charleston, South Carolina! These two are some of the most genuinely kind and friendly people I’ve met in the stationery world, and they have killer designs and amazing details that make their cards extra special!
Here's a few reasons WE LOVE Ink Meets Paper:
1.) They are serious about "saving the handwritten note" and the quality of their work. "We think handwritten communication is one of the most authentic interactions you can share with someone. With this belief and a passion for the handcrafted, we design and manufacture each original card from our studio. Every card is hand fed through our 1920s printing press one color at a time. The 100% cotton paper is thick, and the ink is mixed by hand. We use recycled paper in our envelopes and keep our cards blank on the inside, allowing each person his or her own voice."
2.) Their envelopes. Sigh. They are perfect. They are recycled with the words 'Handwritten Happiness' ever so beautifully printed as you open the flap.
3.) Their cards have a QR code to give you a behind the scenes look into the process. A QR Code?!On a card?!An interactive card?! It's no secret that letterpress is having its renaissance. Most of our lines at RPS are strictly letterpress. People love the look, the feel, the history of letterpress and we love that they care about quality & print style!
Ink Meets Paper understands this too, and gives their customers a chance to see how each specific card was made. According to IMP, customers are "curious about the machines and the process involved. Since we can’t bring everyone into our studio, we work to document the process behind our printing so anyone can learn more about the hard work, love, and care that goes into each product we make. Just scan the code on the back of each card, or visit our website to learn more." We're heading to their website to learn more about our favorite card of theirs, "I'm Glad We're Friends", check out their answers to our ridiculous questions and then meet me at their website inkmeetspaperpress.com to learn about each card.
Meet Allison & Daniel Nadeau from Ink Meets Paper. 1. How'd you name your brand/company? It was the a-ha moment during a late-night fit of inspiration.
2. What has been your favorite project you've worked on? The custom envelopes for in the Ink Meets Paper card line. It took a lot of late nights and numerous prototypes, but we couldn't be happier to have a unique product that complements all of the cards.
3. If you had to tattoo one word on your body, what word would you choose? Love.
4. What's your signature cocktail? Daniel: Campari and soda. Allison: Mint julep.
5. Stripes or polka dots? Stripes.
6. What song is on repeat on your iTunes right now? Daniel: Washed Out's new album Paracosm. Allison: Whatever Daniel has queued up -- I can never hear anything over the hum of the press motor.
7. If you had to describe your work/style in three words, what would those words be? Daniel: Clean, simple, colorful. Allison: Modern, fresh, simple.
8. If you could have a weird Freaky Friday experience for a day, which designer would you want to switch bodies with and why? Daniel: Jony Ive - I'd be fascinated to see how Apple approaches their design process internally, especially in the early phases. Allison: Jessica Hische - I absolutely love her lettering work.
9. What advice would you give to 20 year old you? Daniel: Don't focus on the immediate. Focus on the long term. Allison: Don't feel like you have to have your entire life planned out.
10. If we challenged you to a game of rock, paper, scissors, which would you choose? Why? Daniel: Paper. Allison: Rock (I have no idea why. I always picked rock as a kid though).
If you're in the market to follow some fun lettering & letterpress adventures, head over to Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter and follow @inkmeetspaper. Pop in to our Tecumseh, Ann Arbor or Detroit stores to find our favorites from Ink Meets Paper! Make sure you have that phone ready to get the back story on your favorite cards, we know we are!