1) How'd your company get its name? I'm really into the idea of printing as being this very democratic process - the ability to produce multiples inherently makes printmaking more utilitarian and accessible, and less precious than "fine art". I was kind of breaking up with fine art when I got into letterpress, and this was one of my favorite parts of my new craft. And so, I named my studio Power and Light Press, as a nod to so many of the old timey utility companies from the previous century.
2) Where are you from? Where is the business located? I grew up in big east coast cities - NYC and Washington DC. I've moved around a whole lot since high school (Maine, Oregon, North Carolina), but I've since landed in a small town in the mountains of New Mexico called Silver City. I think I'll stay awhile.
3) What's your favorite card you create? I feel like my "fuck yeah" card really sums up what me and my work are all about - a little bit ridiculous, mildly offensive, yet weirdly charming.
4) What's your favorite card someone else creates? Oh man, I totally love Bench Pressed's "oh shit/pregnancy test" card... it's just so real.
5) Is there a song you like to print/ create to? What is it?
I like to mix it up at the shop - there's no one go-to song or album. But most days, you'll find me listening to old time country-western or doo-wop girl groups, with a little Kanye thrown in for good measure.
6) What's your favorite snack and/or cocktail? My fave snacks are cocktails. Whiskey or tequila based, please.
7) Anything ridiculous you want the people of Ann Arbor to know :)
My print shop is housed in a former motorcycle garage, and my crew of bad-ass ladies and I print in custom coveralls.