You may or may not already know Garance Doré, the French illustrator, photographer, and blogging powerhouse. If you’re new to Ms. Doré, here’s a brief crash course:
Garance was working as an illustrator in France when she began her blog in 2006. Since then, she’s incorporated streetstyle posts, major fashion collaborations, and a killer YouTube series called “Pardon My French.” She writes a column for Vogue Paris, resides in New York City, and now can add stationery and paper goods proprietress to her long list of amazing.
I’ll be honest – I’m relatively new to the world of Garance Doré. But even for a newbie like me (especially one with veritably no knowledge of the high fashion world), her site is overflowing with plenty of things to love (my favorite features right now are the careers interviews, if I do say so myself). And if you’re not yet convinced, The New York Times has even called her the “guardian of all style.” Um, WOW.
It makes sense that when looking to launch her own line of paper goods, Garance turned to one of our favorite designers to execute her vision: Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co.
The two talented illustrators have really whipped up something special here. The pieces have a unique style, delicate details, and a decidedly French flair. But don’t just take our word for it! Check out the sample of pieces below and see what you think.
1. Assorted Cell Phone Cases of Awesomeness. We couldn’t pick just one phone case to include here! Whether you’re looking to go French with the Très Très Belle or Bonjour designs, have fallen for the color palette of the checkered pattern, or are too cool for school and are feeling the sunglasses vibe, you can’t really go wrong with the gold foil details incorporated in each of these cases (available for iPhone 5, with a slim rubber protective inlay).
2. Friends Social Stationery Set. We’ve been big fans of pretty much all of Rifle Paper Co.’s social stationery releases – Around the World, Marie Antoinette, etc. – and the Garance Doré collaboration is no different! The set includes 12 flat notes – three notes of each of the four designs. The notes and envelopes are packed in a gorgeous matching box that’s pretty enough to leave out on your desk. The color scheme is pale and mustard yellow, goldenrod, as well as classic black and white, and the cards feature stylish women in various ensembles and styles, with plenty of room for your handwritten message – all packed into that adorable box that will be used long after the last cards are sent.
3. To Do Graphic Notepad.List makers and go getters rejoice! This illustrated notepad features a geometrics yellow and white design, with hand drawn lines and a hand lettered “to do” printed in black ink. Manage your important tasks, jot down your to-do list (or leave hints about chores or reminders for forgetful loved ones).
4. Oui Pocket Notebooks. Oui, oui, yes please! We love this set of two handy pocket notebooks. Measuring 4 ¼ x 5 ½ inches, they’re perfect to carry in your bag for notes and ideas on the go, or to give as a small gift! The set includes two designs: one, a gorgeous pattern of squares in gold foil, gray, blush, yellow, and black, and the other is a two tone black and white diagonal with hand lettered “Oui” in gold foil. Each have a blank interior and are saddle stitched.
5. French Birthday Card.This classic black and white card features bold vertical stripes and “Bon Anniversaire!” in all caps gold foil. The A2 size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2" when folded) is printed on natural white paper and is blank on the inside, leaving room for all your birthday wishes. Comes with matching metallic gold envelopes. French accent (or fashion sense) not included.
6. Checkered Market Pad.I’m LOVING this list. A different take on the checkered pattern, this design has squares of various colors along the border, with hand drawn bullet point circles and lines for items printed in black ink. Dimensions are 4 1/4" x 8 3/4" with 70 tear off sheets. What’s more, the notepad comes with an attachable magnet, to keep your lovely lists in plain sight.
7. Leopard Weekly Desk Pad. I’m so obsessed with this item that I already got it. (I’m not kidding. Lots of emails to Lisa to make sure that it didn’t sell out before I could get my hands on this little precious…but I digress). This is a great example of leopard print, not only done right, but executed purrrrfectly. (I know. I’m not that funny. But bear with me here). The weekly desk pad is the perfect place for lists and reminders, as well as upcoming meetings, happy hours, girls nights, whatever! It has exactly 52 tear-off sheets, to help you map out each week for exactly one year. It also happen to be the perfect size to keep on your desk as a mousepad (in case you’re wondering, that perfect size is 9 3/4" x 6 3/4" – and now you know).
8. Je T’aime Card. A new take on one of our favorite French phrases, the je t’aime card has a black background, a warm bright pink heard and gold foil hand lettering. Printed on natural white paper with a blank interior and a white envelope for contrast.
9. Merci Hearts Card. Mercy, mercy me, this Merci Heart Card is the perfect way to send a truly heartfelt note of thanks. Card features rows of hand drawn hearts, printed in gold metallic foil. A small hand lettered “Merci” appears in the bottom right hand corner. Comes with a metallic antique gold envelope.
And there you have it – our favorite items from the Garance Doré collection. More items are posted online – and feel free to stop by Rock Paper Scissors in Ann Arbor to take a peek at the goods in person!