January 4, 2017
17 Things We're Looking Forward to in 2017
- More workshops - We're excited to learn new skills including wreath making and the basics of calligraphy. Registration information will be on our website soon!
- Lots of visits to Avalon Cafe & Kitchen - Have you been to downtown Ann Arbor's newest coffee shop and cafe? If not, we suggest you visit Avalon soon and enjoy their coffee, cocktails, and delicious baked goods.
- More coffee, please! We're excited to have Avalon join the neighborhood, but we will surely continue to visit other local favorites including Roos Roast, Mighty Good, and Literati Coffee. We can never get enough local coffee.
- Giving presents to our favorite babies and kids - We continue to fill the store with more and more adorable baby and kid items perfect for baby showers, birthdays, holidays, or just to tell your favorite little one that they're doing a great job!
- Wearing Bourbon & Boweties bracelets - Were you lucky enough to receive a Bourbon & Boweties bracelet in your stocking this Christmas? Some of us were and we can't wait to wear them all through 2017. This bracelet line, handmade in Florida, is one of our favorite new additions to the store. There's a color and style for everyone and we love to stack them.
- Ann Arbor Summer Festival - This cold, grey weather has us dreaming of warm summer days. We're excited for picnic dinners while listening to music at Top of the Park and movies under the stars.
- Art Fair! The craziness of the holiday season may just have ended, but we're already excited for the hustle and bustle of Art Fair.
- Reading more books - At our recent staff holiday party almost all of us agreed that we want to read more in 2017. Whether it be novels, short stories, or non-fiction, we want to fill our bookshelves and make reading everyday a priority. Have a great book recommendation? Let us know!
- Shopping local! The selection of local items in Ann Arbor continues to grow. Whether it be produce from the farmers market, books from Literati, or makeup from Lily Grace, we love supporting other local businesses.
- Trying new places - we love being out and about trying new restaurants, bars, and activities. If you have a recommendation of somewhere we should check out, let us know!
- A Bunny Brunch! We had SO much fun celebrating Christmas with a North Pole Breakfast at RPS, that we're planning on a Bunny Brunch at RPS to celebrate Easter. Keep checking the website for registration details and get ready to dress your little ones up in their best pastels for a adorable, kid-friendly morning.
- Getting outside - With over 150 parks in Ann Arbor and the beautiful Huron River we're looking forward to spending time appreciating all the recreation opportunities in our city.
- Giving back to our community - the amazing work done by doctors and nurses at Mott hospital means the world to us and we look forward to another year of supporting Mott through the Event on Main.
- Sending more snail mail - Every year we make it a point to send more mail. Birthday? Send a card! Anniversary? Send a card! Tough Tuesday? Send a card! With fun new cards from Tiramisu Paperie, Tay Ham, Ink Meets Paper, and many, many more there's a card for absolutely everyone you know.
- Practicing our handlettering skills...and lots of practice is required for a few of us! Our first handlettering workshop back in the fall was so fun that we've planned more workshops for 2017 and will be announcing details soon.
- Being inspired - we talk with interesting people every day and surround ourselves with creative designers to contribute products to our store, all of whom inspire us to be more creative ourselves.
- Celebrating our customers! This is the most important item on the list since all of you guys rock! We appreciate each and every person who comes into Rock Paper Scissors.